Saturday, August 2, 2008

"10 ways to work better with your boss"

I’m gettin’ paid by the hour, and older by the minute

My boss just pushed me over the limit

I’d like to call him somethin’

I think I’ll just call it a day…

– Alan Jackson, Jimmy Buffett, “It’s Five O’clock Somewhere”

Bosses: You can’t live with them, and you can’t live without them. Like it or not, most of us must deal with a boss, and the way we do so affects not just our career advancement and our salary, but also our mental well-being. Here are some tips on how to get along better with your boss.

Note: This information is also available as a PDF download.

#1: Remember that your boss just might have useful insights

Think you have a clueless boss? Remember the words of Mark Twain, who once said that when he was 14, his father was so stupid it was unbearable. Then, he continued, when he became 21, he was amazed at how much his father had learned in just seven years....

The rest of the article is at Tech Republic

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites