Sunday, June 29, 2008

To thank or not to thank (Computerworld v. Tech Republic)

In a previous post I discussed the heat I took for suggesting, in a Tech Republic article, that interviewees send a thank you note to the interviewer after a job interview. Well a few days later, I posted a question in that regard to Sharkbait, of Computerworld. The responses there were almost completely different from those of Tech Republic. The Sharkbait posters generally agreed with me that such a note was a good thing to do, as long as one stayed away from sending the impression of being desperately in need of a job.

Here's the Computerworld post

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your post on TR but skipped the discussion. Like you, I think a note can be a good thing. But just like everything else in an interview, you must communicate professionalism and respect.

It's been a while since I've been back (I've been ignoring the blog scene for a month or two, including my own) but you've been busy. I like the new posts!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites